Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Publication Ethics And Publication Malpractice Statement
African Journal of Management Research is committed to publishing quality papers hence strongly recommends that all stakeholders adhere to the following ethical standards based on the Committee on Publication Ethics’ (COPE) Core Practices available at www.publicationethics.org.
Duties of the Editor
The Editor, in consultation with the editorial team is responsible for deciding which submitted articles should be published based on the reviewer comments received for each paper.
All submitted articles will be assessed and articles found to be compliant with editorial policy and submission requirements will be put through the review process, without regard to the race, gender, sexual orientation or institutional affiliation of the author(s).
The Editor and supporting staff will handle information on a submitted manuscript with confidentiality.
Disclosures of Conflicts of Interest
The Editor and the Editorial Board will avoid all forms of situations presenting a potential conflict of interest.
Duties of Reviewers
Peer reviewers are expected to submit their reports per the stipulated time but can request for extension of time when necessary. Peer reviewers are at liberty to decline a review request.
All manuscripts received for review will be treated as confidential.
Reviewers are expected to apply the strictest codes of scientific professionalism to the process and are not expected to use or quote from any manuscripts they review.
Conflict of interest
Reviewers should notify the Editor whenever there is the potential conflict of interest.
Duties of Authors
Originality and Plagiarism
Authors must ensure that the papers presented are their original works and must appropriately cite all referenced materials. Articles found to have plagiarized material will be rejected and if plagiarism is found after an article is published, the editor will publish a retraction of that paper in the subsequent issue.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Authors must properly acknowledge works or publications that have been influential in determining the research.
Authorship of the Article
The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate coauthors are included on the paper, and that all coauthors have approved the final version of the article and agreed to its submission for publication.
Authors should not submit the same manuscript to more than one journal at the same time to be considered for publication. If an author is of the view that there are undue delays, the Editor must be notified of the intention to withdraw and the author must receive a response from the Editor before submitting it elsewhere for publication.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, the author is obliged to promptly notify the Editor and fully cooperate with the Editor to correct the paper or retract it.
All sources of financial support for the research should be disclosed.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the University of Ghana Business School. African Journal of Management Research requires that authors note that copyright is vested in the Journal.
It is the responsibility of authors to secure the necessary copyright permissions if reproducing illustrations and diagrams or using extensive ditto quotes reaching to 100 words or more at any one quote.
Open Access Statement
AJMR is a free open access journal licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
Under this license, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.